Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K) is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan and Southern Florida commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 130 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play.
We are currently seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant to join our Grand Rapids office team.
Job responsibilities include:
- Managing the Work In Progress report for all jobs.
- Generating Backlog, Burden Analysis, Closed Job Analysis, and Fee Variance Reports.
- Ensuring costs are getting coded to the correct project in the correct way.
- Working with Pre-Construction Services to give them unit cost information on a project.
- Preparing billings to owners using AIA and Cost Plus billing formats as necessary.
- Becoming familiar with each construction contract to ensure that all billing requirements are met.
- Preparing Sworn Statements for billings as required.
- Working at the direction and under the supervision of the Treasurer and Corporate Controller.
- Working cooperatively with others in the accounting department to accomplish overall monthly closing schedule.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and experience: Associate’s degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 2 years of accounting experience.
- Construction Background: A general understanding of construction accounting (or other skilled trade contractor) is strongly preferred.
- Eye for Details: Accuracy is critical for success in this role. Candidate must have superior organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and decision-making skills.
- Tech know-how: A strong background in using all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, as well as adept in using general accounting software.
- Trust: Our clients return to O-A-K because we are honest, genuine, and authentic; our sense of integrity guides our work. This is simply who we are, and this what we expect from each and every person at O-A-K. Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Embodiment of corporate values: Choosing What’s Right, Can-Do Attitude, Personal Responsibility, and People Who Value People
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement and health care benefits.
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring.
- Central location. Work in our state-of-the-art facility close to all of the action in downtown GR.
- Variety of work tasks. The person in this position enjoys a wide variety of tasks and interfaces with several departments. No two days are the same. The work tasks are exciting.
- Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids in 1891. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout West Michigan with an average volume of $300 million worth of construction projects each year.
- Growth potential. The person in this position has a unique opportunity to take ownership of projects.
No phone calls please