Owen‑Ames‑Kimball Co. (O‑A‑K) is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 130 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play. We are seeking a full time Project Manager to oversee the construction and delivery of both new construction and renovation projects ranging from $1 - $30+ million. This office-based position includes managing 3-6 projects, concurrently, under limited supervision.
Job responsibilities include:
- Participate in the planning and formulation of design alternatives and solutions for major construction projects
- Review and interpret proposed designs and building specifications for appropriateness to required function and/or institutional standard, and initiate revisions where appropriate; advise consultants and clients as to how best to achieve required results
- Document meeting discussions and understandings reached and distribute to appropriate parties
- Authorize the issuance of contracts, purchase orders, and change orders, and approve contractor invoices for payment
- Manage complete subcontractor bidding phase
- Manage construction budget throughout projects
- Expedite and monitor material and equipment approval
- Receive, price and incorporate changes in the scope of work
- Initiate job close-out and secure all required documentation
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and experience: Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering and at least 5 years of experience in commercial construction. Involvement in the following industries would be highly desirable: aviation, advanced manufacturing, industrial, and/or food processing.
- Construction Background: An understanding of construction means and methods; knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes, ordinances and regulations; ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements; and fiscal management experience.
- Leadership Skills: Creativity and confidence in solving problems as part of a team. Ability to develop and present building estimates and feasibility studies.
- Eye for Details: Accuracy is critical for success in this role. Candidate must have superior organizational, communication (both written and verbal) and decision-making skills.
- Tech know-how: A strong background in using all Microsoft Office programs, particularly Excel, as well as adept in using general computer software.
- Trust: Our clients return to O‑A‑K because we are honest, genuine, and authentic; our sense of integrity guides our work. This is simply who we are, and this what we expect from each and every person at O‑A‑K. Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Embodiment of our corporate values: Integrity, Community, Accountability, Flexibility, Teamwork
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including competitive salary, 401k profit sharing arrangement and health care benefits.
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O‑A‑K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring.
- Variety of work tasks. The person in this position enjoys a wide variety of tasks and interfaces with several departments. No two days are the same. The work tasks are exciting.
- Stable, reputable company. O‑A‑K was founded in 1891. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout Southwest Florida and Western Michigan with an average volume of $300 million worth of construction projects each year.