Owen-Ames-Kimball Co. (O-A-K) is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 120 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play.
We are seeking a motivated student intern to assist on-site superintendents over the summer of 2021. This is a full-time, paid position. We are interested in hiring someone with a passion for construction who is interested in on-the-job training and potential long-term employment opportunities.
Job responsibilities include:
- Scheduling Assistance
- Quality Control Assistance
- General Labor
- Job Site Problem Solving
- Plan reading and interpretation
- Miscellaneous support
- Attendance at subcontractor and Owner progress meetings
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Education and experience: Pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering with knowledge of commercial construction systems and processes.
- Tech know-how: Experience with construction programs including Microsoft Project, On-Screen Takeoff, etc.
- Teamwork mentality: Willingness to go above and beyond to meet accelerated deadlines and work in a team environment. Candidate must have superior organizational and communication skills.
- Trust: Our clients return to O-A-K because we are honest, genuine, and authentic; our sense of integrity guides our work. This is simply who we are, and this what we expect from each and every person at O-A-K.Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in dealing with sensitive matters.
- Embodiment of our corporate values: Integrity, Community, Accountability, Flexibility, Teamwork
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- The ability to make a difference.Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring.
- Stable, reputable company. O-A-K was founded in Grand Rapids 129 years ago. We work with a wide variety of clients and markets throughout West Michigan with an average volume of $250 million worth of construction projects each year.
- Growth potential. The person in this position has a unique opportunity to take ownership of projects. As an additional benefit, salaried O-A-K employees have potential ownership opportunities with the company.
To see what West Michigan looks like https://hellowestmichigan.com/ see how beautiful it is.
What a great place to live, even if just for the summer!
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE