Owen‑Ames‑Kimball Co. (O‑A‑K) is an employee-owned company and fixture in the West Michigan commercial, educational, and industrial construction landscape for over 130 years. From 19th century historical treasures to inspiring contemporary designs, our talented team continues to transform the landscape where we live, work and play. We are seeking a full-time Estimator to join our Grand Rapids branch. This individual will work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure quality project delivery, acting in both General Contracting and Construction Management capacities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with and assist other staff members of Pre-Construction Services
- Prepare budgets for all phases of design
- Prepare estimates and coordinate bidding process
- Communicate with Owners, Designers and Contractors to refine cost projections
- Prepare preliminary construction schedules and coordinate all aspects of pre-construction
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field required.
- 7+ years’ experience
- Must be creative and confident in ability to solve problems as part of a team
- Must have ability to meet deadlines
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer applications and software: Microsoft Office Suite, On Center On-Screen Takeoff and Adobe Acrobat/Bluebeam
- Experience with building modeling software preferred
- Knowledge and experience providing conceptual and detailed cost estimates on multiple disciplines in new construction and renovation projects
- Strong construction knowledge and ability to develop estimates without drawings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Apply today if you’re looking for a great opportunity with a growing company that can offer:
- Growth potential . Because we have relatively flat organization, you have a unique opportunity to take ownership of projects and try new things. As an additional benefit, salaried O-A-K employees have potential ownership opportunities!
- The ability to make a difference. Our size and culture encourages recognition and reward of the hard work that you’ll do and the value you’ll bring.
- Working with great people. Our close-knit culture is one of the best parts about O-A-K. We have low turnover and we have a lot of fun.
- Central location. Work in our state-of-the-art facility close to all of the action in downtown GR
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including generous profit sharing arrangement and health care benefits.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE